Monday, May 7, 2007

Naomi's Colonial Outfit

Diana, my ultra-craft friend, hand-stitched the layette below for Naomi. She is working on a blue set for her darling boy for Colonial Times. It has the undershirt (day shirt), gown, bonnet (complete with ruffles for the girl set) and sash. The little slippers are not handmade or historically accurate, they were just too cute to resist putting on the baby!



Naomi was relatively patient with us. I'm going to need to get a better picture to show the length and bottom of the gown. I lifted up part of the ruffle to try to show it in the picture since it was hanging down. It is very very pretty.
















This gives you an idea of the length, tho the lighting is off and doesn't show as much detail.






Here is the gown with the sash. She was starting to run out of patience, so not a lot of pics with it tied.





This pic shows the ruffles on the bonnet. I need to get a picture from behind. The bonnet has a drawstring in back that can be let out to accomodate baby's head growth. Doesn't she look sweet? :)

5 comments:

berrypatch said...

I completely agree - she is sweet! What an adorable outfit! Lisa in ME (SHS)

Amico Dio said...

She is beautiful!! This makes me want a little girl! ;o)

The outfit is precious too. Was this made from a pattern or does she sell them?

Amy in LA (SHS)

DianaLSW said...

Here's the page I used to make the outfit
http://www.sharonburnston.com/baby_linen/index.html

I am also working on my own blog where I'm posting pictures as I go
http://dianalsw-colonial-times.blogspot.com/

Anyone industrious to sew?

Di

Cynthia said...

That's the cutest little outfit!

Diann said...

That is so cute! What a beautiful outfit and beautiful baby!

Diann from SHS