Friday, January 2, 2009

Project 365 - Day 2 & Christmas Pic



"Oh, no!" says the cat. "It can't be the end of holiday vacation already!" Actually, the cat hasn't said that, but the kids might as we jump back into a normal routine next week. This picture is a good sign that we're not in our normal routine.. because the cat is snoozing in my clean laundry. (Which, I'm guilty of not folding. Charlotte fills the washer and moves things to the dryer. I fold. Everyone puts away. It's a good system when Mommy doesn't get distracted!)


We have two siamese cats because having just one might be normal. How scary if we did something normal! :) So, we have two siamese cats and the cheat is to look at their feet. Artoo (Joseph's kitty) has grey feet and Taliesin (my kitty) has white. They're brothers. I'll let the visitors figure out which cat it is. I think I've given enough hints!

This picture makes me happy because it's like a "Where's Waldo" image for me. We have the sword on the table, don't worry it is rubber, and then the hodge podge of Christmas paper littering the floor. Bethany, always the helper type, is attempting to open up the basket of Naomi's plastic foods. Naomi, always the Queen, is wearing her new backpack and the footed PJs that have been passed down through all three of her brothers.

I remember when James wore all pink blanket sleepers because that is what we had to hand down. Then, slowly, they wore out and we bought boy ones.. used by Joseph and then Noah.. We have two blanket sleepers currently and I think it's about time to replace them. They'll definitely be pink!! There's something fantastic about snuggling someone in a sleeper, I'm surprised more adults don't wear them to bed. One of Naomi's has legs a little too long so her feet tend to slip out of them. She walks around with the footed part flipping all over.

The other part of the picture is the realization that Noah is wearing shorts with a sweater. We don't take fashion seriously in this house, but .. really.. for Christmas next year I am going to have assigned clothes for -everyone-! :)

No comments: