Sunday, April 5, 2009

One more post, then bed! (1:34am)

I changed the name of the blog, at least for now, because I think it reflects us. It seems like many of us in the house are entering a new season. Naomi is almost two and is remarkably "grown up" all of the sudden. I think she seems that way because of all of her talking and devising of new games. Noah has entered a new awareness and Joseph is continuing on his path of growing into a mature, soft-spoken, but very articulate guy. James is sprouting and learning more about this "guy" thing as he slowly eases out of young boyhood.. and Bethany has hit a growth spurt. I've already posted about Charlotte earlier.

I'm knee-deep in my midwife studies along with being a doula and childbirth educator. I'm hoping for the right apprenticeship opportunity to show itself (please pray there if you feel led!). And Jim is adjusting to having a wife with a 'job' albeit a very abnormally houred one. I try to study for as much as I can each day and generally take a long day of study on Saturday (literally 8+ hours of being out and focused).

With no 'new' baby on the way and Naomi leaning towards potty-training, it does feel like a different experience and season. It's a good one. We're all enjoying life and this period that we're in now. It feels balanced while still quite exciting and fresh. I also feel like my doula/CE stuff has led me to a different position in some ways. I've been exposed to a lot of ideas and genuinely enjoy how certain things (natural childbirth, homeschooling, etc) bring together such a HUGE variety of people under one 'banner'. It has broadened my understanding of others by a lot and has been a great time for growth. It's also allowed me to pass more of that on to the children.

Now if only someone would decide mopping the floor is their favorite hobby, life here would be nearly perfect. ;)

No comments: