Friday, January 4, 2008

Getting rolling...

Next week we'll resume school. It's going to be nice to have a routine again! We have enjoyed our time off. The Christmas stuff is put away, the puppies are getting closer to leaving (1/17), and the next big celebration is Bethany's 10th birthday.

I have made progress on Dear Jane - I will be adding pictures later on.

My household journal is also getting in shipshape. It is nice to have this stuff out of my head and on paper. Yesterday, I organized my sewing corner to make it possible to have a place to set my sewing machine. I usually sew at the dining room table. It makes life easier because I can sew while the children are playing. If I squirreled it away somewhere I'd never get to sew.

I want to make this easy quilt for the living room: http://quiltville.com/striptwist.shtml First, I need more fabric! I can't believe my stash is actually dwindling. Noah "helped" me organize my fabrics and I've less than a thought.. c'mon Hancocks.. have a good sale! hehe.

That's about it for our news. We're planning for a quiet family weekend before the routine starts again next week!

PR: We're really missing church. We're hopeful to find a second vehicle or large van. If those inclined would pray with us, we'd appreciate it. We're blessed that we have a vehicle, and that we've enjoyed a more quiet intimate year so far, but we still really miss a church fellowship. It's been weighing a lot on my heart lately. I told Jim we should tell a church if they'll loan us their bag van on sundays we'll be happy to increase their church memberships by 8! hehe. We don't feel comfortable double buckling or whatnot the children to be able to go.. All in God's time. :)

1 comment:

Lisa in Jax said...

We too, start our school on Monday. I've been working all week on getting our schedule and school stuff in order for the next semester.

I'll be praying for the vehicle situation. It's hard and I understand what it's like.