Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Noah's 2nd Birthday & Homebirth Update







Noah turned two yesterday! Obviously this birthday cake and ice cream was quite yummy. The cake had a colored band around it with lots and lots of food coloring. The kiddoes spent a lot of their time running to a mirror to check out the color of their tongues! He will get his presents this weekend because we were unable to get one thing we wanted for him. I doubt if he minds. :)











We still need to move the bed, by "we", I mean Jim. ;-) The aquadoula is there in the corner. I think we're going to set it up tonight just to see how it fits. We also have bags to sterilize (bake for about an hour at 250). There's also a list of stuff to buy like ginger and a white hose for filling up the pool.

The good news is I hit 37 weeks tomorrow. According to our midwife we could have the baby at home starting tomorrow.. the CNM said we'd have to wait til we *finish* 37 weeks, so we are double-checking that. I don't think baby is coming soon, but can't wait for the FULL green light!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! The "birth tub" I used looked just like that one! I didn't end up giving birth in it, just laboring in it. While in the tub, Morgan turned from posterior to anterior, which was a definite good thing. A little hint - don't turn the heater up all the way. I thought I would want the water warm, but I ended up getting too hot in there and, no matter how much ice they tossed in, they couldn't get it cooled down and THAT was why I had to get out to give birth. (sigh)

bridget said...

hahaha That'd crack my 7yo up to see me laboring in a tub with ice cubes. We were told around 98? Not sure how hot those do get? Some of our birthing supplies are things like olive oil and ginger root.. sounds like we're cooking this baby. Do you happen to remember how long it took to fill it? AND I love that you were able to get her to turn in there. Baby is currently on my right side, head down, but that position easily slips into posterior and we want to avoid it.