Monday, March 26, 2007

Test results and so on

Hurray - Group B Strep was negative. This means we don't have to worry about doing a treatment at home. We're down to 11 days.. almost 10 *g*. Our bedroom has been re-arranged to be able to fit the birthing pool in there, plus the nice wooden rocker. Now to hope that baby gives us enough time to FILL the pool! Well, maybe not, I'd take a fast labor. :)

Nesting has begun full force in other ways.. I've been selling off stuff lately and using the money towards baby stuff that *I* want to get! With the 6th child you really don't get baby welcoming gifts, so I'm showering myself. hehe.

I bought a beautiful wrap for baby wearing, it is cooler than my other wrap. I also picked up the reversible hat, just because it called my name. It is the one that matches haumea, the orangish/pink color. I think it should look nice on a boy or a girl. I also have a new maya wrap coming, sold my old one, because I wanted some brighter colors. It is #37. I sold the #22. I love the long wraps for babywearing, but the maya wrap is very nice for easy and discreet breastfeeding.

Hmm.. we also sorted clothes into three piles today, which the girls really enjoyed - boy, neutral, and girl. Can you guess which pile/box got the most "'oooh.. this is pretty!!" remarks? :) James picked the boy outfit, Charlotte and Bethany picked the girl outfit (after lots of debate). I'm hoping to get pics tomorrow of our crazy layout of baby supplies in the bedroom! We get to sterilize three bags of items in the oven. My friends are convinced it'll catch fire. lol.

One bag has 2 sets of sheets. The 2nd bag has 4 bath towels and 12 washcloths. The 3rd bag has the girl set (gown & onesie), boy set (gown & onesie) and a neutral gown. Plus 2 booties, 5 receiving blankets and a hat.

We also have a TON of diapers! The newborns are all the cute kissaluvs with the button down area for the umbilical cord. Then we'll move into pocket diapers like www.fuzzibunz.com I have a friend that sews diapers as a business and she's making new pocket diapers for Noah that eventually will pass down to baby. He outgrew all of the fuzzi bunz that were passed down to me from a friend.

I put out an sos for a bouncy seat on Friday and received one that day from a friend! Plus she gave us a carseat (her dd just outgrew it).. and, if we have a girl, she has some girl clothes for us. She also graciously gave us sheets her mom made for the amby bed. We have that set up and it is oooooh-soooo-cute! :)

I'm really hoping we can get the bouncy attachment later on: http://www.amby-baby-store.com/us/index.php?c=3

Tomorrow we're going to start seeds for our Keeper Club project. We'll be sure to get before and after pictures! Even Noah has his own little greenhouse..

speaking of Noah...


HE TURNS 2 TOMORROW!! So hard to believe two years has passed.. and now we're days away from another baby. He's SO spoiled it is unbelievable. lol. So much for the 5th child being neglected. He's loved to bits and played with by everyone. I'll post a pic of our bday boy tomorrow.. we have cake and ice cream waiting...

No comments: