Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Greenhouses & Skirt for Bethany


Bethany's (aka "Boo") greenhouse. Some of hers definitely took off better than others. We have them currently sitting outside so maybe they'll perk up! Our Keeper meeting is this Saturday and everyone is bringing one plant to put in the community plot. At least they all have *one* that grew!




Below is a closeup of the plants growing the best in her greenhouse.
I guess it is fitting that Noah's our littlest and his plants are ALSO the littlest.. can't quite figure out why his are not growing? At least he has some progress showing now! These are also outside to soak up some extra sunshine.



This is the skirt I made today for Bethany. She likes the simple prairie skirts that are sooooo easy to make. It's almost embarrassing to admit this is my "project" for the day. To add to it I made a matching scrunchie. I don't have the patience for an extended sewing project lately.. too much baby sitting between me and the machine!.. but these skirts are right up my alley. We have enough fabric leftover to make a little t-shirt dress if baby is a girl.. or perhaps a cute skirt for Bethany's American Girl doll.



I'd like to make a skirt like this one: http://www.xanga.com/connimom/549154186/how-to-make-a-wrap-skirt---part-1-cutting.html for Charli. The prairie skirts really seem to lose their charm when you're 5'2" and the size of other adults!! hehe. (Thanks Crystal for giving me that link!)


2 comments:

Phyllis said...

What kinds of seeds? :-)

Unknown said...

Oh! You made my skirt! :-) I hope the instructions were easy to follow.

"Connimom"