Monday, April 23, 2007

Inside and outside stuff

Outside...

The kids found this little guy wandering the yard yesterday. Charli was the original finder, he was hanging out near the batting pole. (A pole with a ball on a tether for hitting). They said he didn't come out. I was snoozing with Naomi so Daddy was the picture taker for this event -- which is probably why heads appear to be missing ;-)






Inside...

Naomi is slowly becoming adjusted to the amby bed. She's so short that she looks kinda scrunched between the two baby positioners (keep her on her back for safety). She has been the easiest baby so far, I can't believe it. One friend at the park, when I mentioned not looking forward to sleep deprivation, mentioned speaking positive instead of negative. That has really stuck with me. While we're not "name it and claim it" Christians, I can see where expecting *good* is often a blessing in itself.










4 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

She's so sweet! I'm glad she likes the Amby bed. I put mine away for later as Sophia doesn't care for her's yet.

Blessings,

Lisa

Cynthia said...

What cute baby swing! And, of course, a very cute baby inside!
Cynthia from SHS

Cynthia said...

I'm finding your new blog easier to get around in than your old one! SO, thanks for switching (LOL).

bridget said...

hehe You're welcome. I like blogger better because it works with the RSS feeds in IE7. Its so nice to see at a glance when others have updated!

Lisa - The trick for Naomi was to make sure she wasn't too low in the bed. Her bottom is actually at the midpoint and it keeps her from being too 'scrunched'. Also the positioners seem to make her feel more secure in there. But, honestly, I have notied that she sleeps just the same in the bassinet, swing, or in bed with us. I don't think the amby has any special trick other than I think it's very cute. :) Today she was napping and doing the typical baby grunts and groans. I gave up and put her in bed with me and she slept quiet as a mouse for 2 hours.