Sunday, June 24, 2007



Hot Milk Cake - yummy as dessert or breakfast with fruit


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour and baking powder. Heat milk in a small saucepan until just boiling, then remove from heat and set aside.

Beat eggs until foamy, then add sugar. Continue beating on medium-high speed until thick and lemon colored. Add vanilla, reduce mixer speed to medium and add hot milk in a steady stream. Quickly beat in flour mixture. (this is when the Kitchen Aid comes in handy!)

Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly tapped. I bake mine in a 9x13 pan, I bet it'd be fantastic in a bundt pan - if I had one ;-) That may end up the list of kitchen wants, along with a springform pan.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Sounds YUMMY! I don't know if this is possible for you or not, but we lost several keys on our laptop awhile back and I was able to find a replacement keyboard on ebay for about $50... certainly less expensive than buyinga new laptop! I did have to have our computer tech person install it for me, but if you had time and some little tools you could probably do it yourself.