Thursday, June 7, 2007

The door saga & Bethany's baby wearing



The door saga has almost ended. For those who don't know.. Joseph dropped a mug a while back and the handle flew off. It traveled approx. 6', hit the door, and started it to crack. It was very scary because I thought it'd explode. That panel broke completely and it would have been a lot to replace. We decided, since that door drove us crazy anyway, to buy a new door. The french doors cost the same as new glass! A dear friend volunteered her husband to help replace the doors. Jim worked with him and they did an AMAZING job. Her husband really knew his stuff and that made it a do-able project. Once we get the molding on I'll take a new picture. This picture is looking through the old doors at the new doors. (Lowe's did mess up and send us the wrong door - right opening instead of left - but we didn't have time for them to get us a new one).

Bethany wanted to get in on the babywearing game. She is wearing Naomi in a crinkle cotton/gauze wrap. They both enjoyed it!
Naomi is so lavished on with attention. I know the stereotype is the 6th child would be neglected. Let me just say.. if I had to pick between being the 1st or the 6th that I'd DEFINITELY go for being the 6th. The cute thing is that Bethany has always been a type of momma to Joseph. I guess she felt he needed protecting from James when he was little. She's a quiet girl, but if someone messed with him she was 100% Momma Bear! Now.. Joseph is the one very into Naomi. If I'm not holding her he will say "Where's Naomi???" and go on the hunt. lol. (She's usually in the swing, bouncy, or being held by someone else.. so it isn't hard to find her). When she is nursing he likes to rest his head on my arm and just stare at her.. or offer commentary like "Naomi says she's filling up her tummy with milk!" Bethany is the 2nd child, Joseph is the 4th, and Naomi is the 6th. Maybe its something to do with being an even number!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

I can't wait to see the new doors! I love the look of french doors.

Cute pics of the kids, too!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Cute photos of your daughters. I've said for YEARS that the whole "later children are neglected" thing is bunk. It depends on how you train your older children...my younger ones receive so much attention that Mike and I have to fight for OUR time with them. LOL

all in the family said...

How precious are these pictures! Love Them! Your daughters are so cute!

Beth in GA SHS

Jodi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Naomi is SO cute! I too disagree that later born children are neglected, even with mine so close in age the big ones loved helping with the babies. The younger ones have more people to love them from the very start of their lives!
Jodi

I'm More Than a Number said...

CUTE pics of the girls together! There's just something so sweet about seeing an older sister holding her "baby" sister. Like the new doors too.

Jen in Az