Sunday, September 7, 2008

1000 Blank White Card Game and Today's Stuff


All of the pictures were taken with my camera phone. That is why they seem so blurred. Anyway, these are a few of our cards from the 1,000 Blank White Card game. The children LOVE this game and I admit I find it very amusing as well. :) We need to teach it to friends.. I should teach it to the Moms at dinner on Monday!

Here are the rules: http://www.geocities.com/nconner23/bwcards.html (Be aware that this site appears to be the typical single guy keeping a page site. There are some themes that are not friendly for kiddoes - although, I doubt if it'd offend the average adult. Obviously, our cards are very kid-friendly! Even Noah likes to scribble a card and an older sibling translates it into a real card.)


Charlotte has a Wales fascination. This started before she realized I plan to go and is all the fault of Stephen Lawhead! :) I promised her a trip for her 16th bday. I think I'll do that for all of the children.. I'll take a fun trip every few years!



Today we...

rearranged the house! The formal living room is now the dining room and school room. We have plenty of room for the large table, my rolltop desk, and I want to line one wall with bookshelves -we are always running out of room for books. It looks very open and nice.

The living room furniture is snugly fitted into the dining room. It's cozy, but looks fine to me. The children's computer is now in the playroom/front room and I do want to tinker with that room some more. I think we're going to ditch the loveseat in there and put in some bean bag chairs. Sounds good to me! I'd like to create an L-shaped sitting area for the dining (now entertainment) room from www.homereserve.com furniture.

We still have more to organize and sort through.. and I think we'll be hearing from soccer coaches this week. We did get $3/pair cleats for 4 of the children and a friend thinks she has cleats that Bethany will be able to borrow.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

The game sounds interesting and WOW you sure did rearrange.. not just one room, but 1/2 the house it sounds like (LOL)!