Saturday, September 13, 2008

Co-op Pictures (lots of them!)

First a note.. Click to see my friend's entry into a digital scrapbook contest. You don't have to register. Just click and there' s a "vote for me" button. For those curious about how digital scrapbooking can be done, this is a great way to see a sample. :)


Oops... I just noticed I forgot to swap some of the pics! Look at 'em sideways. (One day I'll get this right.) This our version of God accepting a sheep sacrifice (see below to figure out what in the world I mean..)

See the C on the forehead? That is Cain's mark that God put on him so nobody would kill him. Cain murdered his brother Able, out of jealously, and then was cursed to wander.
This is a potato that was cut into pieces to show pangaea. This is tied into how Noah's three sons were able to repopulate the earth, continental drift helped.
We measured out the length of Noah's ark going waaaaaaaay down the road.
James reading his report on Adam. Yes, he does change clothes, but usually just long enough to have the current outfit washed. I'm not sure why he has more than 2 sets of clothes.. but I think this shirt is the "shirt for the year". (Yes, Dad, all of the barbers in our area are still on strike. I'll let ya know when they're back in business and the boys get haircuts *hehe*)
Miss Bethany forgot to write out her paper on Abraham... tsk.

Here we were studying ummmm...

gravity? Something impressive and scientific. We'd never just jump around on the trampoline during school co-op time! (For those counting - the number is 10. The 11th child was busy trying to drink rainwater out of a bucket)Cain, Able, and the sheep.



The older girls being silly, well.. one of them being silly!
The pink is the blood. They did a little skit on Cain & Able.
A sideways Charlotte gives her report.
A sideways Julia (I'm leaving her this way!!) being silly. I threatened I'd put it on the blog if she sent it to me.. and she did!! hehe.
The Nile River.. a few weeks later. The foil is for the river that "floods" and makes the crops (aka grass) grow along the riverbanks. With some of the rains lately, it has REALLY flooded!


P.S. Please pray for those families who are going to be hurting due to the recent spike in gas prices. In some places the gas is over $5/gallon. We're hopeful that it will go down again after Ike is done.. but I know many families who are making some hard decisions now due to prices going up on almost everything.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I wish I had thought to mark a C on the kids' heads when we studied that time period. We're also doing TOG1 this year. We were going to flood the Nile, but never got around to it. Some of the classes at co-op did though.