Monday, July 2, 2007

The Amazing Sleeping Baby




Amby bed, amby bed, amby bed.. if you are even thinking of buying an amby bed, do so! Naomi has not only slept through the night earlier (way earlier) than the others, she's also sleeping longer. By five weeks she was sleeping through and now, at 2 months, she is sleeping 10+ hour stretches. I'm SO amazed. She snuggles down in the hammock and is perfectly content. Next to diapers I think the amby bed is my favorite baby item in this house.
The picture above is not the amby bed, hehe, it is the bassinette that I bought before Joseph was born. She will take quick cat naps in there, but not the long naps like the amby. It's our 'safe spot' in the dining room to put her if we're attending to something else. It has a mobile that usually keeps her attention for five minutes or so. Today I put her in there and she fell asleep. The secret? Well, I'm sure you can figure it out! :) While I hate the thought of breaking her of the thumb habit later, it is nice to have a small baby that sleeps.
She is starting to stir now.. the next pictures will be of some cutey outfits that Sara sent to her. Sara is my online friend with a daughter named Lucy, the name I wanted to use until Jim refused to spell it Lucie.. ;-) Although, I think Naomi's name suits her. I look at her now and can't imagine calling her anything else.


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I have no idea what an Amby bed is, but we also used a basinette downstairs (our bedrooms are all upstairs) so our little ones would have a place to be during the day.

Lisa in Jax said...

What a sweetie! I'm glad the Amby's working for you. It was a real life saver for Isaac but Sophia doesn't like it. Funny but Isaac is also my thumb sucker...