Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Other pictures - including paper piecing




This is the back of the quilt block, the colored part is obviously the front. This method is called paper piecing and is a fantastic way to learn quilting. Charli is working on a pineapple pattern. I've made one wall hanging using this method. I'd like to do more now that the girls are old enough to stitch along with me. We're hosting a quilting day next week and I plan to teach other moms how to paper piece.





Other views of our afternoon..







James and Bethany share a game on the computer. Its some kind of online lego game. Joseph gives me a smile.. a few minutes later he's snoring on the loveseat next to me.




Naomi napping in the amby bed. The bed literally hangs from a spring and has a soft mattress inside. She always lays in the position she is in currently. When she moves the bed bounces up and down, which is usually how I wake up in the morning - to the sound of the spring while she is looking around.

Noah is napping so no pictures of him. He turns into a bear of a boy if someone wakes him up early! Tomorrow his crib will be moving, it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to a new bedroom. The good news is that room doesn't get the early sun.. maybe he'll start sleeping later than 6:30..

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

The amby bed is very cool looking!

Kathy in WA said...

I love seeing pictures of the amby bed. Thanks for including them. I had wondered what it looked like. :)

Way to go on the quilting!!

Mommaduck said...

I've never seen one of those (amby bed) before. They look really comfy for a newborn.