Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Monday!


Here is a group picture of the quilting bee blocks I have at my home. They're turning out very nice and look so bright and cheery!

This block has.. fabric from Anne's house.. two pieces of fabric from jumpers made for Charli.. and even a piece of fabric from Naomi's dress. Along with that are some 30s reproduction fabrics that I adore.
Another quilt square, complete with a piece of leftover fabric from Naomi's snoedel's hat (the bright orange flower). 7 blocks done, part of #8 is done. I'm not sure how the other ladies are doing.. we'll find out on Thursday.


James wanted in on the action when I was taking a picture of Naomi. She's in the bumbo chair in the middle of the dining room table. You can see my sewing machine over James's shoulder.

After her bath on Sunday the cutest little puff of hair stood up in the back. We're all so proud of her for growing hair. hehe. Below: picture by Charlotte. Naomi loves her snoedel with one hand and holds onto a white kerchief (it's a silky fabric) in the other. All of our quilting mess can be seen in the background. We keep baskets and bins to store it in for when we want to use the table for other purposes.. like dinner!


The quilt blocks are on the left.. sewing machine on the right.. and baby in the best seat! See the fingers? James again! :)
Noah with his glowing halo of pretty curls. As soon as he realized it was picture time he zipped down the hallway, followed by Charlotte. I think this is the only time he has sat still today!
Put a camera in front of a Joseph and who knows WHAT you get.. today.. this is what we got ;)

I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Ours is zipping along nicely.

The children are memorizing a verse this week for church (they do this weekly at the church we're visiting). It is from Psalm 119.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
Psalm 119
1Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
9Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Or (sometimes it is interesting to see the modern versions, but I admit I prefer the KJV or NASB).

Psalm 119
In Praise of the Law of the LORD 1Our LORD, you bless everyone
who lives right
and obeys your Law.
2You bless all of those
who follow your commands
from deep in their hearts
3and who never do wrong
or turn from you.
4You have ordered us always
to obey your teachings;
5I don't ever want to stray
from your laws.
6Thinking about your commands
will keep me from doing
some foolish thing.
7I will do right and praise you
by learning to respect
your perfect laws.
8I will obey all of them!
Don't turn your back on me.
9Young people can live
a clean life
by obeying your word.
10I worship you
with all my heart.
Don't let me walk away
from your commands.
11I treasure your word
above all else;
it keeps me from sinning
against you.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great photos! I can't believe how much Naomi has grown.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Forgot to say that the quilting looks fabulous. Some day I may learn to quilt. LOL

Cynthia said...

I just saw one of those Bumbo things in person the other day. One of our friends has one for their baby... it sure beats the days of propping our little ones up with pillows on each side of a chair! Those are pretty neat chairs... makes me want another baby so I can try out all of these cool new things they didn't have even just a few years ago.